Excavation Corridor access requests

For all invasive works on the Corridor

If you are:

Digging, drilling, or resurfacing

Doing any activity that will alter, or cause to be altered, the surface of the road corridor

Building a new driveway or installing a new stormwater drain that leads into the road corridor

Performing maintenance work on any essential infrastructure

Building a new fence and your work site or equipment encroaches onto the road corridor

Repairing or building manhole access covers

Online CorridorAccess & Permits

For all invasive works within the Road Corridor

Road-Controlling Authorities (Councils) and Australian Transport Agencies require any person intending to dig in the road corridor to apply for, and have approved prior to the commencement of works, a Corridor Access Request (CAR).

To date, the requirement to apply for a CAR (where Excavation is required) has been a separate process to the requesting of plans and locate services via the 1100.com.au service.

To assist contractors in complying with this requirement, 1100.com.au has introduced a new feature, 'CorridorAccess PermitMonitor'. This allows contractors to apply for their CAR at the same time as organising their asset locates and plans, if the intended excavation site is in the road corridor.

Excavation Requests

You must ensure no activity commences until you have received, in writing, permission to proceed from the relevant Road Controlling Authority.

Always perform an onsite inspection for the presence of any cables and pipes both above and below ground before commencing your activity. If in doubt or circumstances require you to carry out any excavation you must not proceed with your enquiry on this site. Please Contact us here if you have any general enquiries or need to speak to a help desk operator.

If you do any of this... / ...and if you are sure you want to dig


If you are sure you want to dig

Go to www.1100.com.au for Plans, Permit Requests and Underground Locate services.

Register at DBYD